Trinity County Transportation Commission
The Trinity County Transportation Commission (TCTC) is designated as a Regional Transportation Planning Agency (RTPA) as established by Government Code §29535. The TCTC is responsible for area wide transportation planning in Trinity County. This responsibility includes:
- Administration and Management
- Transportation Planning and Regional Coordination
- Transportation Alternatives and Marketing
- Claimant Funding and Oversight
- Grant Applications and Management
Principal Transportation-Related Activities of Rural RTPAs
1. Prepare and Adopt the Regional Transportation Plan: The TCTC prepares the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) every two years. The RTP provides direction to local, state, and federal transportation planning decision makers regarding regional transportation matters.
2. Prepare and Adopt the Regional Transportation Improvement Program: The Regional Transportation Improvement Program (RTIP) is a prioritized program of proposed state or federally funded transportation project which TCTC would like to see funded through state or federal programs. All projects with Federal funding need to be included in the RTIP.
3. Prepare the Overall Work Program(OWP) and OWP Progress Reports: The TCTC prepares the Overall Work Program (OWP) annually in the spring. The OWP outlines regional planning efforts which will be conducted over the upcoming fiscal year.
4. Allocate Transportation Development Act funds: The TCTC allocates Transit Development Act (TDA) funds on an annual basis to support local transit providers, pedestrian and bicycle purposes, and the activities of the TCTC. The TDA is composed of two funding sources: the Local Transportation Fund and the State Transit Assistance Funds.